Pastor of Community Life
The Pastor of Community Life will develop and oversee Community Outreach and Small Groups ministries for the Steinbach Mennonite Brethren Church. The primary responsibility of the successful candidate will be to coordinate the small group ministry in consultation with other staff. Welcoming newcomers and helping congregants and attenders become more intimately connected to the church is an important dimension of this responsibility. This individual will also be responsible for leading and training church congregants to reach out to the Steinbach community and beyond.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a committed servant of Jesus Christ.
- Be in good standing with the Mennonite Brethren conference/church or a conference/church of similar doctrinal beliefs.
- Be eligible to satisfy the credentialing standards of the Mennonite Brethren Church of Manitoba.
- Subscribe to a theology and philosophy consistent with the Holy Scriptures and the Mennonite Brethren Confession of Faith.
- Have a minimum of five years of ministry experience.
- Have a heart for ministry and for the church, demonstrated in previous experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Communicates effectively.
- Relates well to people.
- Is experienced in evangelism and discipleship.
- Has demonstrated successful outreach in a church setting.
- Works well in a team context.
- With the Lead Pastor, develop strategies for integrating visitors and congregants into SMBC.
- Stimulate community and fellowship through small groups and other church and family activities.
- In consultation with other SMBC pastors, discern, recruit, and train leaders for small groups.
- Provide vision, leadership, and training to church congregants for community outreach.
- Equip and encourage leaders.
- Provide pastoral care to the congregants as needed.
- Participate in the preaching ministry alongside the other SMBC pastors.
- The Pastor of Community Life will be accountable to the Lead Pastor and ultimately to the Leadership Team.
- The Pastor of Community Life will work closely with other SMBC pastoral staff.
- The Pastor of Community Life reports administratively to the Personnel Committee.
- Salary and Benefits will be provided according to the Mennonite Brethren Conference grid.
Applications, including references, should be forwarded to Reimer.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted August 17, 2017.